Vickys Halloween 'Poisoned' Candy Apples GF DF EF SF NF – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Vickys Halloween 'Poisoned' Candy Apples GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Halloween 'Poisoned' Candy Apples GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 8 of apples, 4 red and 4 yellow.
- Prepare 8 of twigs.
- It’s 600 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 120 ml of light corn syrup, I used Karos brand or golden syrup.
- You need 240 ml of water.
- You need 5 drops of cinnamon flavoured oil.
- You need of Red & black food colouring.
Vickys Halloween 'Poisoned' Candy Apples GF DF EF SF NF Instructions
- Have a baking sheet lined with parchment paper ready
- Clean and dry the apples, try and buy organic ones so they're unwaxed
- Insert a clean twig into each. You may want to sharpen the end of the twig first to make this easier or make a small hole with a knife as a starting point
- Put the sugar, syrup and water in a pan. Add red colouring until you're happy. A little black added will give a deeper shade of red. Heat until boiling. The temp needs to reach 150C / 300°F on a candy thermometer
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flavoured oil
- Dip a yellow apple into the mixture, swirling it around as you lift it out to get an even coating
- When it starts to harden, place it on the baking sheet. Repeat for the other 3 yellow apples, reheating as necessary if the coating gets too stiff
- Now add more black colouring to the pan
- Repeat the dipping process with the red apples and set aside to harden and cool
- If you haven't cleaned the wax coating off properly this will happen…
- Telling the tale of Snow White goes well after serving these….