Mexican Chicken Bowl. This Mexican Chicken Bowl recipe is a super fun way to add a kick to your chicken lunch bowl. Packed with juicy grilled chicken, easy to make and very tasty and filling lunch. Grill the chicken, smooth (skin) side down first, over.
The most delicious Mexican Chicken made into Meal Prep Bowls that you can take as lunch to work. Mexican Chicken recipes are all awesome for meal prep. If you've been following along for a while. You can cook Mexican Chicken Bowl using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Bowl
- You need 2 of -Grilled Chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of -Cups Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 2 of -Roma Tomatoes; diced.
- Prepare 2 of – Limes; zested & juiced.
- It’s 2 of -Cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of -Yellow Onion; diced.
- You need 1/4 slice of Green Pepper; diced.
- You need 1/4 slice of Red Pepper; diced.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of shredded Mexican 4 cheese.
- It’s 1 of -Can Organic seasoned Black Beans.
- You need 1 of -Pkg. Taco seasoning.
- You need 1 of -Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp. of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp. of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Note: you can use whatever type of peppers you want in the salsa.
Enter: Easy healthy Mexican chicken lunch bowls of your dreams. These lunch bowls (or grain bowls) are honestly one of my favorite make ahead healthy meals. Pour chicken broth into the pot; scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits with a Open the lid and stir chicken and rice. Serve in bowls topped with shredded Mexican cheese and chopped.
Mexican Chicken Bowl step by step
- Triple rinse rice; and spray the rice cooker.
- Add rice and water to rice cooker; (use rice cooker directions) put a clean wash cloth over it, then put the top of the rice cooker on and cook according to the rice cooker direction.
- Open the can of black beans and pour into a microwave safe bowl and cook on reheat for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Grill- 7 minutes per side; bake- 30-40 minutes; steam- 60 minutes. Until Chicken is done. (I grill mine). Then let cool 5 minutes and diced up. Put chicken in a skillet with 1 tbsp. Of oil or use spray; add the pkg. of taco mix and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes; set aside.
- By this time the rice is done; so, zest 1/4 tsp. of lime into the rice and add 1/4 tsp. Cumin, 1 tbsp. cilantro and 1 to 2 tbsp. of lime juice; mix well; set aside.
- Dice up all vegetables and put them into a bowl; add 11/2 tbsp. Lime juice, 1/4 tsp. Zested lime, 1/2 tsp. Salt and1/4 tsp. Black Pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Now, lets put it all together: In whatever type of bowls your using; 1st put 1 cup of cilantro-lime rice on the bottom; 2nd add black beans, 3rd add fresh salsa, 4th add chicken, and 5th add 1/3 cup of the Mexican 4 cheese.
- Serve and enjoy with some tortilla chips & salsa.
I have been looking for a one pot mexican chicken dish with shredded chicken. You can make Mexican Chicken tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, enchiladas, salads, etc. all with this easy Mexican Chicken! It also freezes and reheats beautifully for prep ahead dinners you will CRAVE! Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until well browned.