Southern Salmon Cakes. These salmon cakes are crisp on the outside with tasty bites of flaked salmon. These salmon cakes always disappear fast and are well loved by the kids and grown ups in our family. Salmon croquettes are basically a southern version of a salmon cake or salmon patty.
The salmon croquettes made from canned salmon that you loved as a child are all grown up now. These Salmon Cakes have a wonderful texture; the crispy. Recipe by southern chef in lo. You can cook Southern Salmon Cakes using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Salmon Cakes
- It’s of cakes.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 4 dash of chipotle or Louisiana hot sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (scant) dry breadcrumbs, fine or panko.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, chopped fine, or small carrot, grated.
- You need 1 of handful baby spinach, chopped, optional.
- Prepare 2 of eggs,.
- It’s 2 can of (15 oz each) salmon, drained.
- You need of frying and serving.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 of oil, I use peanut.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of lemon or lime, optional.
These are the way my moma and mother make them. Place salmon in a large bowl. Remove the bones and stir in the onion, egg, cornmeal About the recipe. This recipe was submitted by Southern Kitchen reader and Atlanta-based chef.
Southern Salmon Cakes step by step
- These are my family's favorite salmon cakes, good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My husband requests them every week, and even my 3 year old will eat them! He doesn't suspect he's getting his veggies!.
- For the cakes, mix ingredients well and shape into patties, 12 or so.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in large skillet.
- Combine flour and cornmeal, dredge the cakes and fry a few at a time until golden brown, about 5 min per side.
- Drain on paper towel, sprinkle with salt andlemon juice, and serve.
Southern Salmon Patties are quick and easy to make from canned salmon and just a few other ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Serve them with tartar sauce and a few southern sides. Make-Ahead: The salmon cakes can be fully cooked and refrigerated up to several hours ahead of. These Southern Salmon Cakes are quick to make and can be served with a breakfast stack of pancakes or a side of rice with veggies. Thoroughly pick through flaked salmon and.