Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup. How to make Spicy Shrimp, Corn and Poblano Soup – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, corn, broth, milk, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. I think there are better recipes for shrimp and corn soup out there.
Creamy, sweet fried corn is topped with spicy shrimp, garden fresh tomatoes and green onions for a delicious bowl of healthy comfort food! We are so totally in love with this delicious dairy-free soup. Prep your shrimp and set aside. You can have Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of Peeled Shrimp.
- You need 1 lb of Frozen Sweet White Corn.
- It’s 1 lb of Frozen Pearl onions.
- You need 1 can of Cream style corn.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 can of Rotel.
- You need 1 cup of seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 32 Oz of Carton chicken stock.
- It’s 1 stick of + some REAL BUTTER.
- It’s of Creole seasoning.
- You need of Zataran's crab boil powder.
You can buy them pre-prepped or thaw and peel them yourself. I like to use smaller shrimp for this recipe (more shrimpy goodness in. This corn and shrimp soup is a flavorful combination of fresh shrimp, tomatoes, and corn. A tomato-based soup is a fabulous dairy-free alternative to heavier seafood soups.
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup instructions
- Saute seasoning blend in butter (reserve the stick).
- Add all other ingredients except shrimp and butter. Cook for 30 mins on med heat.
- Toss in stick of butter and shrimp. Cook about 10 minutes until shrimp is done.
The soup starts with a simple roux and uses fresh shrimp. If you use frozen shrimp, thaw them in the refrigerator just before. When it comes to soups I favor thick, hearty, and creamy chowder-type soups and shrimp and corn is probably my favorite But fresh corn is even more delicious if it is available. The corn gives just a touch of sweetness to contrast the spiciness of the cajun seasoning. This was yummy, spicy, and yummy.