Healthy Tofu & Veggie Soup 🥣. Tofu is a food made from condensed soy milk. This is a detailed article about tofu and its health Tofu is one of those foods that sparks debate. Some can't rave enough about its health benefits.
Tofu has many proposed health benefits and can be included as part of a healthy diet, used as a Tofu also contains substances called isoflavones, in particular an isoflavone called phytoestrogen. The health benefits of tofu are extensive. It is gluten-free and low in calories. You can cook Healthy Tofu & Veggie Soup 🥣 using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Tofu & Veggie Soup 🥣
- Prepare 1 of medium Bell Pepper Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Broccoli 🥦 chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Rice Boiled optional .
- Prepare 2 of Medium Carrots 🥕Sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cauliflower Chopped optional .
- It’s 200 Gms of Firm Tofu Grilled & cut into small cubes or length wise .
- You need 3 of Medium Green onions (scallions), sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh ginger & garlic grated or minced.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Lemon 🍋 Juice.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Onion Chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Medium Tomatoes 🍅 chopped deseed .
- You need of Salt to taste.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
Tofu contains plant compounds that may protect against cancer and other illnesses. An excellent food from a nutritional and health perspective, tofu is thought to provide many of the same benefits as soya beans. Tofu doesn't have to mean bland anymore. From breakfast to dessert, you can scramble, fry, bake, blend, and whip tofu into deeply flavored, absolutely delicious, healthy dishes.
Healthy Tofu & Veggie Soup 🥣 instructions
- 1. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger. Marinade the grilled tofu in this sauce for at least one hour. 2. In a kadhai or a large skillet, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and tofu over high heat, stirring frequently.
- 3. Add the green chillies, tomatoes, green onions and marinade from the tofu & water. Allow to cook for few more minutes. Vegetables should be tender but not soft.
- 4. Add the brown rice and cook just until heated through and well mixed. Check the seasoning.
- 5. Serve hot. Your one pot meal is ready to eat.
Is Tofu Really Healthy, or Is It All Hype? While many tout the health benefits of tofu (especially as a meatless protein source), other sources have claimed it's bad for you. For many years, soy-based foods like tofu were considered dangerous for men due to their Is Tofu the New King of Protein? Why the soy-based food is now totally okay to eat and actually really delicious. Tofu, also called bean curd, has gained popularity over the years, especially as a vegetarian- and vegan-approved source of protein.