Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger..
You can cook Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger. using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger.
- It’s 20 ml of olive oil,plus extra for brushing.
- Prepare 1 small of onion,finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 125 grams of finely chopped porcini mushrooms( or other mushroom).
- Prepare 1 medium of cooked or canned carrot , finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Very finely chopped green herb of choice like (parsley , coriander , basil, mint or so ).
- Prepare 400 grams of can of puy lentils,drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and peppet to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of wholemeal flour,for forming burgers.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked brown rice( optional).
- It’s of crust.
- You need 1 of egg,whisked.
- You need 1 of fresh slice of bread, processed into breadcrumbs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of plain flour.
Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger. step by step
- heat the oil and add onion and garlic heat over low heat and a leftover or cooked or canned medium carrot , until onions soft,about 4 minutes.Add the cumin,ground coriander and turmeric and cook for one minute.Add mushrooms stirring until soft and dry.Remove pan.
- tip the lentil into bowl and puree to your liking,stir in mushroom mix,add fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper.Mix well.With flourred hands, form into flat burger shapes,if mixture is to sticky mix with a little flour.Preheat grill.Brush the burgers with oil and grill them for about 8-10minutes turning once until golden brown,or you can cook them on bbq using a wire rack to make turning easy. Serve with natural greek yogurt or sour cream.
- if you find the lentil / mushroom mix is to loose use blender,add a cup of boiled brown rice to make a more mashy mixture.
- if you want to make a crust, roll shaped burger first in flour ,next into whisked egg and last into homemade breadcrumbs.