Vickys Coconut Cherry Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Coconut Cherry Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Coconut Cherry Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 80 grams (1/3 cup) of butter/sunflower spread.
- Prepare 125 grams (4.5 oz) of caster (superfine) sugar.
- Prepare 80 grams (2.5 oz) of dessicated coconut.
- It’s 70 grams (1/2 cup) of + 1 tbsp) cornstarch.
- It’s 20 grams of (2 level tbsp) potato starch, not flour.
- Prepare 50 grams (1/3 cup) of brown rice flour.
- You need 20 grams of (4 level tbsp) sorghum flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 of glacé cherries, halved.
Vickys Coconut Cherry Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Set aside 3 heaped tablespoons of the shredded coconut and add the rest to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the flours, starches and vanilla and mix to a soft dough.
- Halve the dough and keep halving each piece until you have 16 pieces. Halve the first big piece, then halve each of those pieces so you have 4 bits, then halve those so you have 8 pieces, then halve all those once more.
- Roll each into a ball then roll in the coconut you set aside earlier.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet. Flatten with the palm of your hand and place a cherry half in the centre of each.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes. Let cool on the sheet a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Will keep for 2 or 3 days in an airtight container or wrap and freeze for a month. Heat through in a warm oven to freshen up after defrosting.