Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup. It's hearty, beefy, and full of veggies. But, if you've ever tried to make them, then you know they can be quite tedious. They're cabbage leaves stuffed with a flavorful beef and rice.
Instead, take a can of tomato paste and add water to your liking to taste. Tomato paste is tangy and can be regulated with your personal salt content. Campbell's soup is salt in a can. You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Long grain brown rice (NOT Instant).
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of Spanish paprika.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of medium white onion, food processor with garlic.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, in food processor with onion.
- You need 4 of carrots, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of large head of cabbage.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz).
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz).
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dill weed.
Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Season the meat with allspice, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add bay leaf, onions, garlic and carrots. Stuffed cabbage is one of those foods that instantly takes me back to my childhood.
Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup step by step
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium-high heat with butter in the pan. Add the rice and toss to coat. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Brown the meats 2 to 3 minutes. Season the meat with allspice, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf, onions, garlic and carrots. Cook veggies 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften them, then add cabbage and wilt it down a bit.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked rice, chicken broth, dill, and cilantro. combine all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste, and serve.
One bite, and I am transported back to that blue-formica-topped kitchen counter watching Mom carefully roll the meat filling in the cabbage leaves. Stuffed Cabbage Soup made with ground beef, rice, cabbage and fresh tomato sauce on your stovetop in just thirty minutes. Stuffed Cabbage Soup, like Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is an easier and less involved recipe than the classic stuffed cabbage rolls your grandma used to make. Add the rice and toss to coat in oil. Easy Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe.