Apple & Blackberry Cake (Sharlotka) – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Apple & Blackberry Cake (Sharlotka) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple & Blackberry Cake (Sharlotka)
- It’s 6 of large cooking apples.
- You need 1 handful of blackberries.
- You need 200 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 125 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste.
Apple & Blackberry Cake (Sharlotka) Instructions
- Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking parchment. Preheat oven to 170C. Peel, core and slice apples into thin pieces. Place them directly into the pan.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a mixer and whisk till thick and pale. Add vanilla and mix in. Spoon flour and cinnamon into the egg mixture and fold till just incorporated.
- Pour the thick batter over the apples in the cake pan and smoosh the batter down to make sure it flows into all the crevices. Scatter blackberries over the top. Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave to cool and unmold. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and lashings of cream.