Black Bean and Cashew Burger. + These veggie burgers are made with black beans, fresh vegetables, and cashews, which give the burger a lovely texture. There's a delicate, smoky flavour which makes bbq sauce the perfect dipping companion. They go great with your usual burger toppings too, or added to salads as well.
The Best Cashew Burgers Recipes on Yummly Black bean burgers with bold southwest flavors, a vegan-friendly meal that's made with ease in a food processor or blender. This hearty veggie burger recipe is vegan-friendly and makes for a fun to customize meal with toppings of your choice. You can cook Black Bean and Cashew Burger using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Cashew Burger
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of small white onion.
- It’s 1 of large egg, beaten.
- You need 2/3 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed cashew nuts.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 pack of (200-250g) mozzarella.
- You need of Salad and mayonnaise of choice for serving.
- It’s 4 of Burger buns of your choice.
How to make black bean burgers. Ein veganer Burger auf der Basis von schwarzen Bohnen und Gemüse; Cashewnüsse geben eine nussige Note. Mit seiner sojafreien Rezeptur und der feinen Barbecue-Note schmeckt der Alnatura. These vegetarian burgers made with black beans and quinoa are delicious!
Black Bean and Cashew Burger step by step
- Put the rinsed and drained black beans in a bowl. Add them to a large bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add the cashews, pepper, white onion and garlic in a food processor and process until finely minced.
- Add the cashew and vegetable mixture to the bowl with the black beans. Stir in the chilli powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Add the beaten egg and stir. Mix in bread crumbs. shape the mixture into 4/5 burgers.
- Slice and fry the red onion for 3/4 minutes.
- Grill the burger for 4/5 minutes each side. Halfway through the second side add a 1/4 pack of mozzarella. Add the red onion and serve in a burger bun with a salad and mayonnaise combo of your choice.
I decided to make these burgers because I had most of the ingredients I love black beans and I'm trying out quinoa recipes. All I have to say is they are absolutely delicious! Black beans, otherwise known as black turtle beans, are native to Central and South America and are popular in Mexican, Latin American, Cajun and Creole I like to fill my burgers with cashew aioli (my recipe here), lettuce, thick slices of juicy tomato, creamy avocado and whatever relish I have on hand. Cook a black bean burger and you may develop a crust on the exterior through dehydration, but the interior remains largely the same: soft, mushy Combine the cashews, mayo, and cheese with the original burger and you get this: Feta and cashew cross-section. Texture-wise, it's a good step above.