Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust.
You can cook Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust
- You need of [To make the tart crust:].
- Prepare 1 of Refer to the recipe for "Easy Tart Crust".
- Prepare 1 of Refer to the recipe for "Tofu Tart Crust".
- It’s of [To make the filling:].
- You need 200 grams of Boiled chestnuts.
- It’s 120 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Margarine or butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Brandy or rum.
- Prepare 15 of Chestnuts simmered in their innner skins.
Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust instructions
- [Prepare the tart crust:] I used the "Easy Tart Crust" recipe. The recipe for this original tart crust has been posted. If you are using another tart crust, refer to that recipe.
- Let the tart crust sit for more than 30 minutes at room temperature. If you will not be using it for a while, let it sit in the refrigerator.
- [Preparing the chestnut paste:] Boil the chestnuts and peel off the skin. Put them in a food processor, add the milk and sugar, then make it into a paste.
- The chestnut paste should be soft enough that it cannot be picked up in one clump. If the paste appears too hard, adjust the consistency by adding milk.
- In a bowl, combine the egg and melted butter. Add half of the paste, the sifted cake flour, then the remaining paste, and the brandy or rum in that order, and mix it lightly after each addition.
- Pour the filling into the uncooked tart crust. Arrange the shibukawani (the chestnuts simmered in its inner skin) on top.
- Bake it at 170℃ for about 40 minutes. Sprinkle on powdered sugar to taste.