Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup. Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. This hearty unstuffed cabbage soup is based on my favorite stuffed cabbage recipe, but is much easier and faster to make. The tangy, slightly sweet, rich broth is one of our family's favorites.
That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Just a quick sauteing of beef and veggies, then everything gets dumped into the pot and. You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Long grain brown rice (NOT Instant).
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground italian sausage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of Spanish paprika.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion, food processor with garlic.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, in food processor with onion.
- It’s 4 of carrots, shredded.
- It’s 1 of large head of cabbage.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz).
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz).
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dill weed.
This is a bit of a cross between a soup and a stew, but does it really matter? These Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls make the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup. Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup from Deep South Dish blog.
Unstuffed Cabbage Stoup step by step
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium-high heat with butter in the pan. Add the rice and toss to coat. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Brown the meats 2 to 3 minutes. Season the meat with allspice, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf, onions, garlic and carrots. Cook veggies 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften them, then add cabbage and wilt it down a bit.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked rice, chicken broth, dill, and cilantro. combine all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste, and serve.
I made this in the Instant Pot but you can easily make this on the stove Keywords: cabbage bowl recipe, pressure cooker unstuffed cabbage rolls with rice, quick and easy. Healthy Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe Nutrition Label. If you've tried a new spice variation leave. This unstuffed cabbage rolls soup with chicken and rice in a tomato broth is the ultimate weeknight hack on the classic stuffed cabbage rolls recipe, only with half the prep work and without sacrificing. Add cabbage into pan and saute with the meat just until the cabbage begins to soften.