Southwest Chicken soup. You can have Southwest Chicken soup using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Chicken soup
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 1 pints of salsa chunky mild.
- It’s 8 cup of water.
- It’s 2 1/2 of chicken boullion.
- It’s 1 large of carrot diced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks diced.
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs on the bone or off..skinless.
- It’s 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 can of corn rinced and drained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cilantro chopped or more.
- It’s 1 of cheddar cheese shreds and crushed nachos with scallion for garnish.
Southwest Chicken soup step by step
- Heat oil in large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, red pepper. Cook until almost tender. Stir in jar of salsa. Stir well .cook 2 min. Add water and boullion snd bring up to a boil. add celery, carrots, and chicken. add cilantro. simmer about 35 min.
- throw in the corn and black beans 10 min before finished. Then top with shredded cheddar and nachos. cilantro too.