The Best Rice Flour Cookies. Rice Flour Cookies Gluten Free Recipes. White rice flour is a good choice for most cookies; choose brown rice flour for cookies containing fruit or bold spices. These rice flour sugar cookies are also gluten-free sugar cookies because rice flour is naturally gluten-free.
You can also make the icing in different colours and have fun decorating colourful shapes. You can add colour and make nice holiday treats. Decorate when cookies are cooled down. You can have The Best Rice Flour Cookies using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Best Rice Flour Cookies
- Prepare 120 grams of Rice flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar (I used light brown sugar).
- It’s 1/2 of Egg.
Rice flour- You can find rice flour in most supermarkets these days. However, be aware of rice flour from the Asian markets. Often they have glutinous rice flour which does not work fo these cookies. Cornstarch – Also known as cornflour – I never miss an opportunity to add starch, cornflour, rice flour.
The Best Rice Flour Cookies step by step
- Cream the butter until it's the consistency of mayonnaise. Don't let it melt too much.
- Add the sugar and mix with a whisk. Add the egg and mix.
- Add the rice flour to the bowl in Step 2 and fold it in with a rubber spatula until the dough comes together.
- Cut out the cookies into any shapes you like. Bake in an oven preheated to 180º C for 8-10 minutes. All done.
- If you want to make cocoa cookie dough, you can mix some cocoa into the plain dough (without reducing the amount of flour).
Top Secret RICE FLOUR Cookie recipe. Super Easy How to make with a few basic kitchen tools and ingredients. These rice flour cookies are about as healthy as they can one third cup whole wheat flour one third cup rice flour (brown rice seems to taste best) two tablespoons dark chocolate chips. To all my Chinese friends, I wish you a happy New Year. This recipe is adapted from her blog.