Vickys Self-Saucing Toffee Apple Pudding GF DF EF SF NF – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Vickys Self-Saucing Toffee Apple Pudding GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Self-Saucing Toffee Apple Pudding GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 85 g of melted gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block + extra.
- Prepare 180 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s 100 g of golden caster sugar / superfine sugar.
- You need 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 240 ml of light coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of large cooking apples – peeled, cored & sliced.
- Prepare 140 g of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 240 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 50 g of chopped pecans (optional).
Vickys Self-Saucing Toffee Apple Pudding GF DF EF SF NF Step By Step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a 3.5 pint cake tin or casserole dish with some of the margarine
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, sugar, baking powder & salt together
- Mix the melted margarine, milk and vanilla into the flour and stir until smooth, adding a splash extra milk if using GF flour
- Layer the apples at the bottom if the oven dish
- Pour the cake batter on top evenly
- Mix the boiling water and dark sugar together until smooth then gently pour over the batter, trying not to disrupt the batter too much. It helps to pour it over a spoon
- Scatter the pecans over if using then bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is risen and firm on top while the sauce sinks to the bottom
- Serve immediately with free-from ice cream or custard, see my recipe list for both