Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies.
You can cook Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies
- It’s of Salmon Brown rice frozen / fresh.
- It’s of Canned Blackbeans.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- You need of Lemon / juiceconcentrate.
- Prepare of carrots Baby.
- It’s of cabbage Shredded.
- You need of Cajun spice rub.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Olive cooking oil or any.
Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies instructions
- Thaw the salmon, if required and marinate with salt, pepper, lemon juice drops and Cajun spice for anything ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours.
- Cook the brown rice in a open saucepan with salt and a few drops of oil. The proportion of rice:water is about 1:4. It takes longer to cook in comparison to white rice and soaking it for about 30 odd mins prior to cooking might help. Cook covered for about 25 mins and then open the lid.
- When most of the water has evaporated, add the canned black beans, chopped cilantro and lemon juice and let the water completely dry out.
- In a hot iron skillet, add some oil and place the salmon pieces. On a side, add the baby carrots and cabbage. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the veggies. The fish and veggies can cooked and browned over the stove. I prefer to transfer the skillet to the oven and cook at 350 F for 15 mins. Broil for a minute on each side towards the end for browning the fish.
- Serve the fish and veggies with the rice.