Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash. This sweet potato and chorizo hash is a great option when cooking for one or two because sweet potatoes are perfectly portioned. With all that in mind, this chorizo and sweet potato hash is pretty much a single person's dream meal. Sweet potato fills you up like normal potatoes, but also counts towards your five a day.
And it occurred to me that the answer was staring me right in the face: Sweet Potato and Chorizo Hash. Add the potato, shrimp, chorizo, onion, garlic and green pepper. Saute until the shrimp are done and the onions are translucent. You can have Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash
- Prepare 1 pound of shrimp.
- Prepare 2 pounds of sweet potatoes diced.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Chorizo sausage.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 of large red bell pepper diced.
- You need 1 of small red onion diced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s to taste of salt for eggs.
- You need to taste of ground black pepper for eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 cup of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
In a sauce pan add the shrimp shells, onion, garlic, chorizo, paprika, chicken base and water. Heat over medium heat, cooking until reduced by half. Sweet potatoes are usually accepted by the paleo crowd. However my own experience shows that that they are best avoided when trying to lose weight and best used only for occasion Return the chorizo to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and spinach.
Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash step by step
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the sausage in a pan. When done remove.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra Virgin olive oil to pan add the onion, potatoes, and peppers.
- Cook till onions are soft.
- Add the shrimp and stir. Keep on heat for 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes then stir in milk.
- Smooth it out.
- Add cheese.
- Carefully add the eggs, salt and pepper to taste, on top and put into oven till egg whites are done. I broke a yoke so I added an egg.
- I baked in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Turn the heat to medium-low and stir the contents. A general tip for making hash is that the smaller you dice your potato the faster it will cook. If you wanted to make the recipe vegetarian you could sub out the chorizo for soyrizo. Sweet potato hash is one of my favorite dinner hacks. Just dice some sweet potatoes, pan-fry it and add almost any ingredients you like.