Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan. Creamy, comforting coconut and cardamom rice pudding with blackberry compote; great for breakfast or dessert, vegan and lactose free. Place the rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, salt and cardamom pods in a pan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat then reduce the heat to low. A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer.
This BREAKFAST VEGAN RICE PUDDING is now in Plant-Powered Families. But, a few years ago, I showed how to make it in a "Dreena and Daughters" video! This vegan coconut rice pudding is infused with cardamom and cinnamon for a rich and flavourful dessert! You can cook Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (for at least 30 mins.. longer if possible) and drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of the milk of your choice (be prepared to add more if the rice dries out.. especially if the rice isn’t soaked).
- Prepare 7 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed (use the back of a knife) – you need to take these out before serving or at least be ready to put them to one side if you find them in your bowl!.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/2 of vanilla pod.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare of For the blackberries.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 squeeze of lemon – optional.
- It’s of some flaked almonds to sprinkle on top if you like.
It's also gluten-free and refined sugar-free! This rice pudding features cinnamon and cardamom as the star ingredients and gets a little extra flavour zing from some orange zest. I love me some Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding. I don't know about any of you guys, but it's always been one of my fave snacks to eat.
Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan instructions
- Put the rice and milk in a pan on a medium heat. Add the spices – for the vanilla, scrape the seeds out and add the pod too. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 – 30 mins.
- For the blackberries: put the blackberries and water in a pan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for about 5 mins. Then add the cardamom and simmer for another couple of minutes. If you have a lemon handy, squeeze some juice onto the blackberries.
- Take the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and cardamom pods out of the rice pudding. Stir through the maple syrup. Serve with the blackberries. Enjoy 😋.
I like it with blueberries, with raisins, with pecans or walnuts, it goes with just about anything really. And although it's rice and I know peeps can be afraid of the carb this is not. A little bit of rice goes a long way in Romy Gill's (MBE) recipe for this delicately spiced, aromatic rice pudding. Did we mention that it's also gluten free? If you love rice pudding, this easy cardamom and coconut rice pudding is a treat your whole family will love.