Spicy Bean and Rice. These spicy black beans get their kick from a mix of hot sauce and chili powder. Review Body: I skipped making the rice – we made a quick Mexican rice instead. I followed the black bean recipe to the letter.
Remove from heat, and stir in rice and salsa. I guess I'm one of those women "who have moved from the country in body but not in heart"! Although I'm an attorney in a large city, my parents are ranchers. You can cook Spicy Bean and Rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Bean and Rice
- It’s 1/4 cup of onions.
- You need 2 of medium tomatos.
- You need 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- You need 3 handfuls of spinach.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need Dash of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of brown rice.
- It’s of Basil.
- You need of Guacamole.
And, since they once grew rice, that's a staple of my cooking. Spicy beans and rice make a good dinner and easy meal. It's simple to prepare and absolutely yummy to eat. Mixed with rice and a kick of spice from the beans, this dinner will become a new favorite in your household.
Spicy Bean and Rice instructions
- In large pot, add : Onions, tomatos, carrots, pepper, olive oil. Sauté on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Then add : tomato sauce, 4cups water, black beans, spinach, cumin, curry and red pepper flakes. Cool for 25 minutes.
- Then add : brown rice and 2more cups of water. Cool another 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add basil and guacamole.
Add in drained and rinsed beans and water. Remove from heat and stir in rice and salsa. Divide mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, lettuce, green onions. There is barely any chopping required and I will slap your hands if you soak the beans.