Salmon on the plank. Place the salmon on the planks. Coat the salmon with a thin layer of olive oil. Reusing cedar planks: Cedar planks can be re-used until they become overly charred, cracked, or impossible to clean.
We made these on the Napoleon Kettle grill, but you can also do this on any other type of grill using the indirect. Cedar plank salmon on the grill brings out the flavors that salmon were born to have. This is a go-to method for making quick and easy salmon any day Putting a dry cedar plank on the grill is a no-no, as it can catch fire, or smoke too much and make the fish inedible. You can have Salmon on the plank using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon on the plank
- It’s 3 lb of Atlantic farm raised Salmon.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Dill.
- You need 1 of Lawrys Garlic & Herb marinade.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 2 each of Lemon.
Cedar planks have a tendency to. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Baking on a cedar plank works for both Pacific and Atlantic salmon, and the finished dish goes well with both casual and elegant side dishes from boiled corn and potatoes to tender asparagus and rice pilaf.
Salmon on the plank step by step
- you need cooking wood planks.
- set grill at 350.
- cut the salmon into desired size steaks.
- season with lemon pepper lightly.
- half the bottle of marinade and like 4 tbsp soy and squeeze a whole lemon.
- let it marinade for 45 min.
- place butter tbsp on of fish.
- slice Lemon thin and place on top of fish.
- place fish on planks and cook for 20 min push down on fish if it flakes its done keep a squirt bottle handy for flare ups.
- serve on plate decorate with dill.
Pour lemon juice over the fish. Evenly coat the fillet with garlic, salt and black pepper. You can pour small amounts of water on the wood around the edges if it starts to get too charred. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve with your favorite side dishes. Cedar plank salmon is a delicious way to grill salmon with enormous flavor.