Salmon en Croute. Salmon en Croute is french for 'salmon in a crust'. Croute means crust and so 'en croute' refers to anything in a pastry crust. It's a great dish to double up on and make in bulk – store leftovers for a later.
Salmon fillet is baked in a puff pastry pocket with onion, mushrooms, and spinach in this elegant French-inspired Variation of salmon en croute (aka Salmon Wellington). Serve with a side of rice. This delicious salmon en croute recipe is a real classic. You can have Salmon en Croute using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon en Croute
- You need 1 of Salmon filet.
- You need 1/2 cup of Soften butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dill and Basil.
- You need 1 packages of Pastry puff.
- It’s 1 packages of Hollandaise sauce.
- It’s of Fresh Asparagus.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 small of Egg wash.
The Salmon En Croute recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! Cooking Channel serves up this Salmon en Croute recipe from Laura Calder plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com. Salmon, spinach, crème fraîche and capers in a buttery flaky pastry. A winner at dinner parties, easy to serve as it can be made in advance and never fails to impress.
Salmon en Croute instructions
- First you take the salmon clean and remove skin. Cut the salmon in half and pat dry then set aside.
- Then take the dill and basil and do a fine chop, after chopping mix with the soften butter.
- Take the pastry puff and place one piece of salmon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the herb butter on the salmon, then place the other piece of salmon. Start folding the the pastry puff until cover…you may cut and remove some of the pastry if it has to much…after you fold tightly make a criss cross on top and an egg wash and bake at 375 until golden brown 15-20min.
- With the extra herb butter you can sauté the asparagus with the butter for 4min on medium low.
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce (follow instruction on package).
- Once you pastry puff is all set you my serve and plate like my picture and enjoy 😘…remember depending on salmon pieces the more people you feed..a small goes a long way ..just made mine big 😃.
Delicious Salmon en croute recipe for two! Salmon en croute is a dinner party classic. Flaky salmon is wrapped in buttery puff pastry with a layer of creamy watercress for the ultimate dish to impress your guests. Salmon en croute marks the return of a classic dinner party recipe! Salmon en Croute recipe-salmon recipes-recipe ideas-new recipes-woman and home.