Tofu and Green Beans. I chose string beans because my local Chinese restaurant has a tasty dish I sometimes get with tofu and green beans. Now I can have takeout without feeling guilty. Pros: good way of cooking green beans & tofu Cons: sauce too sweet lacking depth.
Green beans are paired with the tofu because they play so nicely with this sauce, but really any vegetable would do — we're using radishes the Flip the tofu. Place the green beans in a single layer on the other half of the baking sheet. Drain and dry tofu slices on paper towels. You can cook Tofu and Green Beans using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu and Green Beans
- Prepare 1 of white tofu.
- Prepare 200 g of green beans.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of chilli pepper.
- You need of curry powder.
- You need of olive oil.
Season with red pepper flakes and stir in lime juice to taste. Transfer beans to a colander and run cold water. This easy recipe for green beans and tofu is a very protein-rich meal. Flavored with chili powder and garlic, it makes a quick midweek meal.
Tofu and Green Beans instructions
- Cut the tofu into pieces of your preferable size (I do about half a centimeter tall slices). Season with the curry powder and salt.
- Take a pan (I prefer non stick, because then the tofu is better) that is big enough for the tofu and the beans and heat the oil, then add the tofu and make until firm and crispy.
- Meanwhile bring water to boil and add the beans (I use frozen, so those need more time, but be careful and don't leave them in too long because then they're gummy and awful, we need them crispy!).
- Cut chilli into small pieces (use gloves or be very careful with what are you touching afterwards) and peel the garlic.
- When both the beans and the tofu are done, mix it in the pan, add more curry powder, the chilli and using a garlic press, the garlic.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Can be served right away or cold (as an amazing take away lunch).
- Bon Appetite!.
Transfer the meat to a bowl. The type of green bean that I used is known as "sitaw" or "sitao" in the Philippines. This is also popularly referred to as snake beans, string beans Salted black beans are not your ordinary black beans. These are small black beans that have been fermented in salt. I used the canned black beans.