Fermented Chili Tofu.
You can have Fermented Chili Tofu using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fermented Chili Tofu
- Prepare of Hardware.
- It’s 1 of Lots and lots of paper towels.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 14 oz of block of extra firm tofu.
- It’s of Brine.
- You need 3/4 of cup of spring water.
- You need 1/4 cup of of vodka.
- Prepare 1 tsp of of sea salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
Fermented Chili Tofu instructions
- Rinse the tofu under running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Next, we are going to squeeze some extra moisture out of the tofu. Place a paper towel lined colander in large bowl. Place the tofu on the paper towels. Cover with more paper towels. Place a bowl or plate on top of that. Put something heavy on top and press the tofu for 2 hours. Discard any moisture that may have accumulated and pat dry.
- On a large baking sheet, place a layer of paper towels. Cut the tofu into 1/2" squares and arrange on the baking sheet leaving some space in between each cube. Cover with more paper towels.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Let the tofu cubes rest overnight for 24 hours.
- Remove the aluminum foil and the top layer of paper towels. Sprinkle liberally with red pepper flakes. Use as much as you want depending on your taste.
- Combine the spring water, sesame oil, vodka, and salt. Mix well.
- Place the tofu cubes in a 20 ounce container and add the brine.
- Cover and place on a sunny window sill for 3 days.
- Next, let the tofu rest in your refrigerator for an additional 10 days.
- Enjoy with raw veggies, in a stir-fry, as an onigiri filling, or by itself.