Stir fry beef with snow peas. Learn how to cook beef peapods ( beef with snow peas). This beef stir fry is a great way to pack in those healthy veggies, plus it's super versatile. Add the snow peas, mushrooms and bean sprouts and fry for another minute.
Serve over steamed rice or hot egg noodles. Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth. You can have Stir fry beef with snow peas using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir fry beef with snow peas
- You need 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sherry or cooking Sherry.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced and peeled ginger.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of flank steak, fat trimmed and sliced very thin against the grain.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of peanut oil.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh snow peas trimmed.
- It’s 5 of scallions cut into .5 inch pieces.
- You need 1 of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of jasmine or long grain rice cooked.
Sprinkle the salt over the snow peas while stir-frying. Add the beef back into the pan. Stir for another minute to mix everything together. Skip greasy takeout food and go for this healthy and fast dinner that's so much more enjoyable.
Stir fry beef with snow peas step by step
- Mix together soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, sugar and ginger. Add beef to a separate bowl and pour 1/3 of the liquid over the top. Toss beef and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet (iron is best) over high heat. Add peas and stir 45 seconds. Remove to a plate.
- Allow skillet to get very hot again. Add half the meat leaving marinade in the bowl. Spread out meat and do not stir for a minute. Sprinkle half the scallions over the meat. Flip the meat and cook another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
- Repeat with other half of the meat allowing skillet to get hot again first. After flipping add the first plate of meat, reserved liquid, red pepper, and peas. Stir over high heat 30 seconds then turn off heat. Add salt if needed. Serve immediately over rice.
To make it even easier, warm up ready-to-serve brown rice in the microwave and supper is ready to go (with one less pan to wash). —Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina. In fact, in most authentic Chinese beef stir frying dishes, we use tenderloin. The only difference is that, in order to keep the crunchy texture, broccoli should be blanched. Snow peas are a wonderful addition to stir-fries, and they pair nicely with beef. They have a crunchy texture and sweet flavor that makes them perfect for stir-frying.