Cabbage Roll Soup. If you love cabbage rolls, but don't love all the work involved, this quick cooking cabbage roll soup is for you! Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. Cabbage Roll Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
This soup is easy to make and deliciously flavorful. A tasty new recipe to add to the dinner rotation! Cabbage Roll Soup is my favorite way to enjoy cabbage rolls without all of the work! You can cook Cabbage Roll Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Roll Soup
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of lg carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cups of packed chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans low sodium beef broth.
- You need 3 (8 oz) of cans tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 (14.5 oz) of cans petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 Tbsp of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh.
- You need 3/4 tsp of dried thyme or 2 1/2 tsp fresh.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dry long-grain white rice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 of chopped fresh parsley.
Loads of cabbage, meat and rice in a flavorful tomato broth make the perfect comfort food! Cabbage Roll Soup is perfect for people who love to eat Cabbage Rolls, but don't have the time (or patience) to make them. This simple cabbage roll soup (stuffed cabbage soup) recipe is healthy, filling, and will keep you So. is this actually unstuffed cabbage roll soup, I wonder? Our family loves Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe and it has everything you need for a great meal.
Cabbage Roll Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in lg cast iron pot over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, season with salt & pepper & cook, stirring & breaking up the beef occasionally, until browned. Transfer beef to a plate lined with paper towels while reserving 2 Tbsp of the rendered fat in pan, set beef aside.
- Add onion & carrots to pan & saute 2 minutes, add garlic & saute 1 minute longer.
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire, paprika, oregano, thyme & bay leaves.
- Return beef to soup mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & bring to a light boil, then add rice, cover pot & reduce heat & simmer til rice is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in up to 1 cup of water to thin as desired (it will thicken as it rests & become almost like stew), then stir in lemon juice & parsley.
- Serve warm.
If you love to make cabbage rolls, try this really easy unstuffed cabbage soup. That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Just a quick sauteing of beef and veggies, then everything gets dumped into the pot and. Cabbage Roll Soup, No Knife and Fork Required.