Oil-free Baked Savory Donuts.
You can have Oil-free Baked Savory Donuts using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oil-free Baked Savory Donuts
- It’s 210 grams of cake flour.
- It’s 10 grams of aluminum-free baking powder.
- Prepare 60 grams of honey (acacia, etc) for moist donuts.
- It’s 24 grams of skim milk powder.
- It’s 2/3-1 tsp of krazy salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 120 grams of plain yogurt.
- It’s 60 grams of milk (don't use soy milk, they'll become dense) Fillings, Toppings Etc.
- Prepare to taste of cheese (easy melting type, sliced or whatever you'd like, or even vegetarian cheese).
- Prepare to taste of meat (ham, sausage, bacon etc), fish (salted salmon, shirasu etc.).
- Prepare to taste of vegetables (canned corn, cooked vegetables, etc), herbs (dried parsley, etc.) – the donuts will become doughy don't add too many vegetables.
Oil-free Baked Savory Donuts instructions
- Mix the batter ingredients together.
- Fill the donut molds evenly with cheese, vegetables, meat etc. Pour the batter in over them.
- Don't mix the vegetables etc. into the batter, or the batter will get too watery.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. Don't overbake these! Bake for a shorter time than regular baked donuts. Adjust the time depending on your oven.
- You can adjust the consistency of the batter with milk (or water). I've listed an average amount in the recipe, so if there are any issues please try adding more or less milk or water.
- Don't mix grated cheese into the batter – the donuts will become hard. It's best to sprinkle cheese into the bottom of the donut molds.
- The honey is indispensable for the texture of the batter. Don't reduce it too much.
- Slice the donuts in half and make raw vegetable sandwiches. The crispy texture is irresistible ♪ Apparently shops that sell cake salé (savory cakes) use their leftover cakes for vegetable sandwiches.