Banana Oat Loaf Cake. I've never had banana cake, and to me this tasted just like banana bread–which is exactly what I wanted. It had a great banana flavor, and was Tasty! I made one change–I cut the sugar back by half.
It's extremely important to measure the flour and oats correctly, using this method or a kitchen scale. Combine bananas, sugar, butter, egg whites. Add combined flour, oat bran, baking powder and baking soda. You can cook Banana Oat Loaf Cake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Oat Loaf Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking oats (Quaker oats) + a spoonful for topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3-4 of medium sized ripe bananas (I prefer full ripe ones).
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cooking oil (coconut, rice bran, canola).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda (if making muffins, add a pinch extra).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s Handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips or chopped sultanas (optional).
Heartier than normal banana bread, this Banana Oat Bread makes the perfect breakfast bread! Just sweet enough with great texture, this bread is the best way to start the day. This rustic looking banana cake blew our socks off with an intense banana flavour and sweet bites of chocolate. Carrot Cake Banana Bread. by Chocolate Covered Katie.
Banana Oat Loaf Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F or 170C. Lightly grease your tin with coconut oil (any oil that you have used).
- In a bowl mix mashed bananas, milk, oil, vanilla extract and sugar either by hand or mixer on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, slowly until just combined with rubber spatula. Don't over mix the batter. Mix in the vinegar after this.
- Transfer the batter into your container (loaf or muffin moulds). Sprinkle some oats on top of it with some brown sugar for presentation. Bake for 25-30 minutes or till your knife or toothpick comes out clean (mine were done in 20 minutes so keep a check).
I made the cake with dairy free margarine and Dove Farm gluten free SR flour. Loaded with oats and bananas, this is a great treat to have on hand after soccer or baseball practice. Whisk oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; set. Moist and rich, this cake is the chocolate version of my favorite recipe for banana bread. Discover a fun and delicious way to enjoy oats with our easy and delicious Banana Oat Mug Cake recipe made with your favorite Quaker® products.