Jeera Rice. Jeera rice recipe with step by step photos. Broadly There are two ways jeera rice is made and this recipe post details both the methods. You can choose the method that suits your time and budget.
This recipe for jeera rice (Indian steamed cumin rice) will never fail you! This jeera rice recipe is PERFECT, non-sticky, fluffy, fragrant, and delicious. Each and every method gives perfect taste and texture. You can have Jeera Rice using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jeera Rice
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Ghee or oil.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Green coriander (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- Prepare of Whole spices.
- You need 1 of brown cardamom.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt (to taste).
Simple & flavorful Instant Pot Jeera Rice! Basmati rice flavored with whole cumin seeds makes the Typically, onions are not used in jeera rice. But if you want, you can always add some chopped onion. Jeera Rice is so much more flavorful than plain rice.
Jeera Rice Instructions
- Clean the rice thoroughly and wash them. Soak in water for half an hour. After half an hour, drain out the excess water.
- Squeeze a lemon in a bowl.
- Sufficiently heat some ghee in a wok or any other cookware.
- When ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and saute for a while (make sure you don’t burn the cumin seeds).
- Now add whole spices including cinnamon stick, black pepper, clove, and green cardamom.
- Saute for a while and add the soaked rice to it.
- Mix the rice well and saute for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Now add 2 cups of water, some salt, and lemon juice to the rice (with adding lemon juice the colour and flavor of rice enhances).
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Cover and cook the rice on low flame for 5 minutes and check later. Open the lid and check the rice. Stir the rice nicely. Cover again and cook for 5 more minutes. Open again to check. Rice is still not cooked sufficiently, as water can still be seen. Cover the rice again and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. Check the rice now. There is no water left in the rice and they have puffed up nicely and turned soft. Rice is now ready, turn off the flame.
- Cover the rice and let them rest for 10 to 15 minutes in the same vessel. Open the lid after 10 minutes, jeera rice is ready.
- Transfer jeera rice on a plate. Garnish with some green coriander and serve this delicious jeera rice steaming hot.
I highly recommend trying it out. Oh.and add a tablespoon of ghee while making this Jeera Rice and you will love the aroma of ghee in this rice. Jeera Rice is an Indian style Rice dish flavoured with cumin. This Indian rice recipe goes very well with Indian curries and lentils. Boiled rice tempered in ghee with cumin seeds.