Christi's Green Tea Honey Crusted Salmon.
You can have Christi's Green Tea Honey Crusted Salmon using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christi's Green Tea Honey Crusted Salmon
- It’s 1 of Salmon.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of Pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil (amount depends on size of fish.) enough to generously coat fish.
- You need 2 tbsp of Green tea, or less. some teas are stronger than others. A good rule of thumb is, if it brews strong, use less. you can use tea bags, but they tend to be less fresh than loose,packed well.
- You need tbsp of Honey.
Christi's Green Tea Honey Crusted Salmon step by step
- Prepare salmon by cutting into reasonable portion sizes. I always leave the skin on, but do as you wish.
- Coat salmon with olive oil, don't bath it in oil, but give it enough for a good massage.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Drizzle the honey on both sides.
- If using loose tea, and it's coarsely ground, I recommend placing it in a coffee grinder & refining it a bit more.
- If using tea bags, cut open tea bag, and place in a Bowl.
- Lightly dust salmon on both sides so that It's covered lightly with green tea. don't rub it in.
- Keep in mind that salt & green tea will draw out moisture, so it's important that you coat the salmon in oil first, you can also brush with honey for a sweeter flavor. Be sure you don't over cook the salmon.
- When cooking with salt & tea your cooking time should be reduced slightly. Salmon should be cooked on medium heat, and thickness of salmon should be considered so as not to overcook.