Brown rice veg khichdi. Healthy Comfort Food: Brown Rice Veg Khichdi. Although khichdis are thought to be apt for sick days, Truweight has tried to make it tastier. This khichdi holds a lot of potentials to be tweaked to better suit the nutrition needs when on the weight loss too.
Once soaked, drain and keep aside. For the tempering, take a pressure cooker heat ghee, once the ghee is hot add cumin seeds and let the seeds. Khichdi Recipe with step by step photos. You can have Brown rice veg khichdi using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown rice veg khichdi
- You need 2 1/2 cups of brown rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1/3 cup of moong dal.
- You need 3 of green chillies.
- It’s 4 of red chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 10-15 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of asfotedia.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ghee / clarified butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 5 cups of Water.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon.
Dal Khichdi is a light and comforting dish made with rice and moong dal. Moong dal khichdi is easy to digest I am the chef and author of Veg Recipes of India. I shared, tried & tested Indian as well as world vegetarian recipes in a detailed step by step photos. Brown rice khichdi is a healthy vegetarian recipe that is prepared as a main course for diet-watchers.
Brown rice veg khichdi step by step
- Dry roast the moong lentil till light brown and soak with the brown rice for 10 minutes. Drain the water later.
- Heat oil and ghee.
- Add cumin and black pepper. Let it splutter well.
- Next break the red chillies and add. Ssute for few seconds and add broken green chilies.
- Now add the carrots and green peas and saute.
- Add asfotedia and mix.
- Wash and add the lentil and rice. Add the curry leaves now. Mix well.
- Add the required water and squeeze in the lemon.Season with salt.
- Let it come to a rolling boil.
- Cover and simmer on low flame for 20 minutes. Uncover and fluff the rice with a wooden spatula.
- Delish brown rice khichdi ready to devour.
Read and follow the step-by-step procedure. Green, fresh chopped coriander is the best to finish the khichdi well. Serve the khichdi with plain curd during day time. Khichdi or Kitchari is dal and rice risotto like preparation that usually is very lightly spiced and served as light Khichdi in a Jar – Mixed Veg Kitchari Mix for Instant Pot or Saucepan. Other lentils/rice: If using brown basmati rice, use brown/green lentils, black eyed peas or green mung beans to match.