Massaman curry rice. Massaman curry is a Thai curry that's rich but relatively mild heat-wise. It contains lots of spices -which can vary from curry to curry, plus meat , potatoes and coconut cream or milk. Beef – Massaman is supposed to be made with large pieces of meat, rather than small bite size pieces, so the meat needs to be slow cooked to become tender and absorbs the flavour of the braising liquid.
Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sā.màn] ()) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry. Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries) are combined with more local flavors such as dried chili peppers, cilantro seeds, lemongrass, galangal, white pepper. Beef Massaman Curry is the dish of dreams, and one of our favourite Thai recipes. You can have Massaman curry rice using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Massaman curry rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice – (soak them for half an hour).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Spring onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- It’s 2-3 of Baby corns – (finely chopped).
- It’s As needed of Broccoli – florets (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 of Capsicum –(finely chopped).
- It’s ¼ cup of Paneer and Tofu – each (cut into small squares).
- You need 4-5 of mushrooms – (all finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Carrot –(finely chopped).
- You need 2 pieces of Dry red chillies –(deseeded and roughly cut).
- You need 1/4 cup of Tamarind pulp.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need ½ tsp of Red chilli paste – (soak two dry chillies in warm water and make a paste) or red chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coriander and cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red curry paste – (dissolved in two tbsp. water).
- You need ½ cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salted peanuts – . (Crushed).
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon stalk.
- It’s 1, 1/2 cups of water.
The sauce is rich in flavour and the beef falls apart beautifully. The main ingredients of a Massaman curry. Massaman curry is a traditional Thai-style curry, popular for being milder in flavor and rich in taste. When students in Georgia were challenged to use local ingredients to come up with a creative dish that could be easily made in cafeterias, this recipe was a finalist.
Massaman curry rice step by step
- Boil 6-8 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. Add rice. Cook them on a medium flame. Keep stirring until the rice are tender. Drain the rice and keep it on the strainer for 5 minutes. Fluff with the fork. Spread them on a tray for 1 hour before you stir fry.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry paneer and tofu and take it out. In the same oil add onions and garlic paste. Fry them for few minutes.
- Add all the vegetables. Fry them for few minutes.
- In a bowl, take coconut milk. Add red curry paste, crushed peanut and lemon stalk.
- Add this to the sautéed vegetables. Add water. Add in rice and Cook till the water gets evaporated and rice are done.
The kids wanted to cook their rice in milk with turmeric to give it a creamy texture and golden color, but they swapped in. Try this homemade Thai Massaman curry, which is made entirely from scratch. This famous Thai curry is rich and very flavorful. Made with chicken, beef, or lamb, it's a fragrant yellow curry that incorporates lemongrass and nuts together with other key Thai ingredients. To make the coconut rice, thoroughly wash and drain the rice.