Thai stir fry tofu. Serve over jasmine rice for a perfect meal. I have heard from most people that they either hate tofu or love it. Basically, they don't enjoy it as such but if it's spiced or coated with sauce.
This dish sings with so much flavor, you'll forget all about its amazing health benefits (plus it's. Tips for Vegetarian Thai Basil Tofu Stir Fry (Tofu Pad Krapow). This is crucial because it holds less water and its texture is most similar to ground meat for stir fries. You can have Thai stir fry tofu using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai stir fry tofu
- Prepare of Main.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- You need 1 can of baby corn – halfed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro – chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pad thai sauce (see ingredients).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger-minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 box of Tofu – Firm.
- You need of Pad Thai sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of thai red chillie (more if desired).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn starch dissolved in cold water.
Soft tofu will be too watery and it's a completely different texture, almost pudding like. Crispy pan-fried tofu is tossed in a sweet chili-lime sauce with fresh basil to make this flavorful Thai basil tofu stir-fry. A few months ago I hit my twenty year meatless milestone. That feels pretty weird, because I honestly don't feel old enough to have reached any twenty year milestone, or at least any.
Thai stir fry tofu instructions
- Whisk Pad Thai Sauce, lime juice and sugar in small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Cut tofu horizontally into 3 slices. Lay each slice between double thickness of paper towel. Press down firmly to absorb water. Changing paper towels as needed until dry.
- Cut each slice into 4 equal strips. Cut each strip into bite size pieces.
- Heat about 1/8 inch of oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add tofu with enough space in between to turn over. Cook in two batches until each side is golden. Drain on paper towels. Pat tops with paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- Drain oil from skillet, leaving 2 tablespoons in pan. Add onion, red pepper and ginger. Stir-fry until onion is soft.
- Add baby corn and Pad Thai mixture. Add tofu and stir until all ingredients are coated. Mix in cilantro and serve over Jasmine Rice.
Wrap the tofu in a dish towel, then place a plate on top. Turn an ordinary block of tofu into a meat-like consistency for this out-of-this-world, versatile stir-fry. Many people freeze tofu because it's sturdier and will absorb flavors well. For the purposes of this recipe, cnce thawed and crumbled, the tofu takes on a springy texture that mimics ground meat well. Stir-fried tofu is not, perhaps, at the top of your list of scintillating weeknight dinners.