One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice. Making in the crock pot right now, cooking on low. I brown my beef, and my onions garlic, seasonings ,and pray that it will turn out. Yes I did add the rice,broth,corn.
Slow cooker, pressure cooker, oven or stove. From Shredded Chicken Tacos to Pulled Chicken Nachos, Shredded Beef Ragu Pasta and Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken and Rice Soup to Crispy Chinese Shredded Chicken, if the. One Pot Cheesy Mexican Beef and Rice. You can cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional Toppings :.
- You need of ·Sour Cream.
- Prepare of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Prepare of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- You need of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- It’s of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Prepare of ·Diced Avacado.
- You need of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Prepare of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
This cheesy ground beef and rice casserole has all the ingredients you'd find in a burrito, minus the wrap, and made in a skillet. Just keep in mind that brown rice will take longer to become tender. Tips for Making Mexican Ground Beef and Rice. I love that I can use my Instant Pot to quickly cook this whole meal in one pot (the fewer dishes the better!).
One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice instructions
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed.
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high.
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low.
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers.
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
While the beef and rice are cooking I chop any toppings that we're going to. Tasty Mexican brown rice is a great addition to your weekly meal prep! It comes together so quickly in the Instant Pot you can also decide to make it Adapt your own favorite recipes from the slow cooker. Cook squash, steam veggies, and make. A quick and easy One-Pot Mexican Beef, Rice & Beans recipe, from our authentic Mexican cuisine collection.