Taco Salad. Easy Healthy Taco Salad Recipe With Ground Beef – If you're looking for how to make an easy taco salad recipe, try this low carb, healthy taco salad with ground beef. My kids and husband ate their taco salad with the tortilla chips but I had mine with just lettuce tomatoes a tablespoon of reduced fat sour cream and. A taco salad is a Tex-Mex dish that combines ingredients used in Tex-Mex tacos.
It doesn't take much to make a satisfying meal and this simple salad is. Taco Salad is crispy, crunchy and colorful! Crisp lettuce is topped with a zesty seasoned ground beef, crunchy tortilla chips and all of our favorite taco toppings. You can have Taco Salad using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taco Salad
- It’s 1 packages of flour tortilla shells,(large or small ones).
- You need 2 lb of ground beef, chuck or chicken Chunked or shredded for chicken.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 head of lettuce, Shredded.
- You need 3 of tomatoes, dices small pieces.
- It’s 8 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 can of refried beans, or homemade works great.
- It’s 2 packages of taco seasoning mix.
- You need packages of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of guacamole (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Black beans optional.
This Taco Salad recipe is made with ground beef, chopped lettuce and all your favorite toppings, including nacho-flavored Doritos tortilla chips! This Taco Salad recipe is the absolute best! Like all salad recipes, this one is great to play with. Swap in the veggies you have on hand or adjust the toppings to make something you really love.
Taco Salad step by step
- On medium heat, brown beef or chicken until fully cooked, breaking beef up until crumbly.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry in deep pot to 350°F.
- Drain the meat and keep warm.
- Mix taco seasoning, water and beef or chicken and mix well and cook until mixture thickens. Set aside and keep warm.
- Take 1 flour tortilla and place in hot oil. With a slotted metal spoon, put down the center of tortilla and hold under oil. This will form the bowl. The sides will rise and while holding down the middle it will form.
- Fry a couple of minutes until browned to your liking.
- Drain cooked shells on cooling rack over paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Put meat in bottom of shell and top with lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans, sour cream and cheese. I like Guacamole in mine. and shredded cheese of your choice. I use the Mexican Taco blend or sharp cheddar.
Taco Salad is a great and easy side dish to bring to your next cookout, party, or potluck, or even to just serve for dinner! One of the greatest strains on my marriage is my husband's complete and utter lack. What makes this taco salad so darn good is that it holds up to even the most elaborate restaurant taco salads. That's because we thought of all the small-but-worth-it upgrades — like tossing cilantro in with. Is taco salad good for you?