Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders.
You can cook Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders
- You need 1 small of salmon fillet.
- You need 1/2 medium of sweet potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- You need 5 of drops lemon juice.
- Prepare 8 tsp of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 8 of mini flour tortillas.
- You need 4 slice of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of honey mustard dressing.
Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders instructions
- Shred salmon fillet into pieces using a fork.
- Add egg white, garlic salt & lemon juice.
- Cut 1/2 a sweet potato into thin slices and boil until soft enough to blend.
- Blend/puree boiled sweet potato into mash consistency then add to salmon mixture.
- Cooked white rice according to package directions then added to mixture.
- Warm butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Mixture may be loose consistency so spoon directly onto a spatula and press into a round, patty shape (about 2.5-3 inches round).
- Sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs and flip patty onto the buttered pan with the bread crumb side down.
- Allow bottom to crust to a golden brown for 3-5 minutes. Add bread crumbs to the top and flip again to brown the other side for 3-5 minutes also.
- You can pan cook on low heat for a couple more minutes if desired to ensure the salmon cooks through.
- To make the micro-mini tortillas for the small patties, I used the rim of a cup as a cookie cutter and cut the tortillas and cheese slices into rounds.
- Warmed the tortilla rounds on the stove heat, placed the salmon patty on top of one, added the cheese, then a smear of honey mustard dressing and topped with another tortilla round.
- Viola!! Measurements yield approx. 4 salmon cake sliders.