Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage. This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). This is the best Cajun shrimp recipe! It's colorful and packed with flavor.
Spicy Cajun Shrimp With Rice Recipes. Healthy Cajun-Style Charred Okra and ShrimpBeyond Mere Sustenance. This version is inspired by theirs—zesty with green onions and tasso ham, with a generous dose of Cajun spice. You can have Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage
- You need 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of butter at first, plus 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter to thicken sauce later.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice.
- You need of the zest of a lemon.
- It’s 6 oz. of Andouille or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" thick slices (They usually come in 12 to 13.5 ounce packages, so ~ half.).
- It’s 1-4 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you like things.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty the sausage you use and how salty you like your food).
- It’s 2.5 pounds of shrimp (I recommend at least a 21/25 count).
- Prepare 1 of +1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 2 of green onions chopped for garnish.
- It’s of lemon wedges.
This Cajun shrimp recipe lightly cooks succulent shrimp in a simmering tomato sauce spiced with chili peppers, Cajun seasonings and more. Great for dinner or an appetizer. The best shrimp boil recipe with shrimp, baby potatoes, corn and smoked sausage. Easy shrimp boil with Old Bay, Cajun seasoning and butter.
Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage step by step
- In a large pan or pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and lemon zest and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Turn the heat up to medium high, add sausage, cayenne, salt and pepper, and saute until the sausages are lightly browned on both sides.
- Add the shrimp, chicken stock, and 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir to scrape all the fond from the pan and distribute all the ingredients and seasonings evenly.
- Let the shrimp cook for 4 or 5 minutes before stirring again to redistribute them and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until all the shrimp just turn orange from cooking through, no longer.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onion and some steamed rice or crusty bread on the side to enjoy all that delicious resulting sauce and soppage. Lemon wedges on the side if you like a little extra tang with your shrimp like we do.
- Enjoy! :).
This shrimp boil recipe is the best with. This cajun blackened shrimp recipe is one of the best and my absolute favorite ways to cook shrimp. The spice mixture sticks to the shrimp and gives it a crusty outside that is loaded with flavor. Shrimp étouffée brings together all of the hallmarks of Louisiana cooking: Seafood (help our own Add the Cajun seasoning, celery seed and paprika and mix well. Add salt to taste, then mix in the.