Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of Dark chocolate cupcake:.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of warm coffee (freshly brewed).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- It’s 4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2/3 cup of pure olive oil (or canola oil).
- It’s of Frosting:.
- Prepare 8 oz (1 package) of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Step By Step
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Brew your coffee; you can brew instant coffee with 2 cups of hot water (or mix 6 espresso shots with enough hot water equal to 2 cups of liquid)
- In a large bowl whisk together 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1-1/2 cups sugar, 2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups coffee, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 4 tsp vanilla extract and 2/3 cup pure olive oil.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until they come together
- Use an ice cream scoop to pour batter into your lined cupcake pan; They should be about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes on the center rack or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes and remove to cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer using paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer with a large bowl), beat together 8 oz cream cheese with 1/2 cup butter on medium/high speed until creamy (3 min), scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Sift in 2 cups powdered sugar with 1/2 cup cocoa powder to ensure there are no lumps then add 1/4 tsp salt. Mix on low speed until well combined, scrape down the bowl well then increase to medium/high speed and beat until smooth and whipped (1 min).
- 3. Add 1 tsp vanilla and beat on medium/high until smooth (1 min). Now it’s ready to be piped onto cooled cupcakes.