Easy & Superb Apple Pie Made with Frozen Pie Crusts – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Easy & Superb Apple Pie Made with Frozen Pie Crusts using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy & Superb Apple Pie Made with Frozen Pie Crusts
- You need 3 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- Prepare 1/2 of egg's worth Beaten eggs for glazing.
- Prepare of For the sweet, boiled apples:.
- Prepare 1 large of Apple.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Rum (or rum extract).
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
Easy & Superb Apple Pie Made with Frozen Pie Crusts Step By Step
- To thaw the frozen puff pastry, sprinkle your working surface with flour (not listed) and lay the pastry sheets on top.
- Cut the apple into 4 slices, peel the skin and remove the core. Cut each slice in half to make 8 slices.
- Thinly slice the apples as shown. (It's also fine to cut them into small cubes.)
- Put the apples from Step 3 into a small pot, along with the sugar, lemon juice, and rum. Let sit until the moisture from the apples is released.
- Add the butter and cinnamon and turn the heat on low. Simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the butter has melted, increase the heat to high and simmer until the apples have become soft and the liquid evaporates. (It's fine if they become slightly browned.)
- Transfer the apples to a separate dish and set aside to cool.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the thawed puff pastry slightly. Cut and separate as shown in the picture. (1 sheet is cut into 4).
- On half of the divided pie crusts (6 sheets), make diagonal cuts for ventilation. Preheat the oven to 390F/200C.
- Glaze the remaining pastry sheets without incisions with the egg wash and spoon the apples from Step 7 on top.
- Lay the cut pastry sheets over the crusts from Step 10.
- Using chopsticks, tightly seal the edges. Repeat Steps 10-12 to make 6 pies.
- Place the pies from Step 12 on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Glaze with an egg wash with a brush.
- First, bake in the 390F/200C oven for about 15 minutes. Next, reduce the temperature to 350F/180C and bake for 10 minutes.
- They're done.
- Using frozen puff pastry is easy! How about some chocolate rolled pies?.