Beef and Vegetable Kebabs with Brown Rice.
You can cook Beef and Vegetable Kebabs with Brown Rice using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Vegetable Kebabs with Brown Rice
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown rice, dry.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 4 ounces of top sirloin.
- Prepare 4 TBSP of fat free Italian dressing.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, cut into 4 wedges.
- Prepare 4 of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of small onion, cut into 4 wedges.
- Prepare 2 of wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, or metal skewers.
Beef and Vegetable Kebabs with Brown Rice step by step
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine rice and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add more water if necessary to keep the rice from drying out. Transfer to a small bowl to keep warm.
- Cut the meat into 4 equal portions. Put the meat in a small bowl and pour Italian dressing over the top. Put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to marinate, turning as needed.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or a broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4-6 inches form the heat source.
- Thread 2 cubes of meat, 2 green pepper pieces, 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 onion wedges onto each skewer. Place the kebabs on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil the kebabs for about 5-10 minutes, turning as needed.
- Divide the rice onto individual plates. Top with 1 kebab and serve immediately.