Simple Apple Pies – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Simple Apple Pies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Apple Pies
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 50 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of Whole egg.
Simple Apple Pies Step By Step
- Cut the apple into thin wedges. Add the water (no need for salt water here) and honey to a pan and mix well before adding the apples.
- Heat on a medium temperature for roughly 10 minutes. Lightly stir sometimes to combine the honey and water and when the water has reduced to less than what it shown in this picture stop the heat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place one of the frozen puff pastry sheets on top. Pierce the puff pastry all over with a fork.
- On top of the pastry sheet, spread half of the cooled apple mixture. Please leave a 1 cm gap around the edges of the pastry, it should be spread like in the photo.
- Lay the other pastry sheet over the top of the apple mixture and press the edges of the pastry sheets together firmly with a fork. You don't need to wet the edges for this recipe.
- Once the edges are pressed together, lightly make a few cuts with a knife in the center of the pastry.
- Glaze with a beaten whole egg and bake for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180℃. You can also bake this in a oven.
- It's finished when the pastry has turned a golden color. Remove all of the baking paper and cool on a rack to get a nice crispy pastry.