Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#. Eggplant Tofu Claypot is a common veggie dish in Chinese restaurant that goes well with rice or any entree. The reason of using a claypot is to preserve the. Braised Tofu with Seafood and Assorted Vegetables in Claypot 杂锦锅香豆腐.
Chinese eggplant recipe-Szechuan eggplants(Yu Xiang Eggplant) is often listed as Chinese eggplant in hot garlic sauce. One of the representatives of Sichuan cuisine is Sichuan eggplant, or Yu Xiang Qie Zi(鱼香茄子in Chinese). "鱼香" actually means Fish-Fragrant, is a kind of flavor which is. Braising eggplant until just soft and thoroughly flavored is not a common technique in Western-style cooking routines. You can have Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#
- Prepare 3 of Chinese long eggplants, cut into 1 inch sticks.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of extra firm tofu, sliced.
- You need 1 of potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mushroom, sliced (optional).
- It’s 3 of baby sweet bell peppers, sliced into thin strips.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1/2 cup of Basil.
- You need 3 stalks of green Onion.
- It’s 1 Tsp of tamari.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Pixian fermented bean paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of galangal, minced(optional).
But in Asia, where eggplant Like many of its Southeast Asian neighbors, Taiwan shares a penchant for basil—there's basil tossed in with tofu, with clams, and, most famously, chicken. Hong Shao Kao Fu, (红烧烤麸) is a Shanghainese vegetarian cold appetizer. Kao fu is a form of wheat gluten, often sold dried, that tastes kind of like tofu that is reconstituted and braised in a red-cooked sauce with mushrooms. This is a common dish in the Szechuan province of China, cooked in a delicious Szechuan sauce.
Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# step by step
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch sticks and soak them in salt water. (It reduces the oil required for sauté).
- While eggplant is soaking. Pan fry extra firm tofu in a flat pan. If you struggling with the sticky issue, nonstick pan can be used for this job. Seal tofu until golden brown.
- In a cast iron wok, sauté garlic, bell peppers and galangal in oil until aromatic. Add pan seared tofu and squeeze dried eggplant. Sauté on medium heat.
- Mix tamari sauce and Pixian fermented bean paste in 1 cup of hot water. Pour into the wok. Stir until the sauce well coated everything and allow it to cook on high heat to reduce liquid. If eggplant is not soft and not tranlucent add more hot water if needed.
- On a Clay pot, heat up 2 tsp sesame oil and sliced green Onion sauté until aromatic.
- Transfer all veggies into the Clay pot and bring it to a boil again. Add finishing herbs, Basil and cilantro right before serving. Serve in the Clay pot.
It is also called fish fragrant eggplant (鱼香茄子) because this sauce is widely associated with fish in Szechuan cuisine, albeit. The braised tofu can then be served a number of ways: on a bed of rice and veggies, on top of a citrusy-ginger salad, or in a wrap with Asian touches like bamboo shoots and soy sauce. Cooking oil, garlic, green onion, hot pepper flakes, onion, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, tofu, water. Dubu jorim is a Korean braised tofu dish that's enormously popular as a side dish. Tofu (dubu) is a staple in Korea as it is in several other Asian countries.