Sweet peppers and rice. Normally a pepper and rice dish has a Mexican or Spanish kind of flair to it. I wanted something a little more Italian, and this is what I came up with. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan.
The rice takes on the warm essence of sweet peppers, onions, and paprika as they slowly simmer together. Cayenne adds heat, but for a spicier version, include a diced jalapeno chili or two. This also makes a nice filling for bell peppers. You can cook Sweet peppers and rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet peppers and rice
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 1/4 cup of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Red pepper (sliced).
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow pepper (sliced).
- You need 3 cup of Minute rice.
- It’s 3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 lb of Stir fry beef strips.
Adapted from Field of Greens cookbook by Annie Somerville. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.
Sweet peppers and rice step by step
- Drizzle beef with 1 tbl. of extra virgin olive oil and season w/ salt pepper and garlic powder. Repeat this process with your sliced veggies as well. Toss and set aside.
- Heat the rest of your EVO in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add beef and cook until half way done, then add peppers.
- Turn your heat down to low and add your brown sugar and flour, cover and allow your beef to simmer, thicken your sauce and get your veggies nice and tender.
- Boil your water, once boiling add rice and allow to cook for about 20-30 more seconds and remove from heat. Allow rice to absorb all the water in pot. Once water is absorbed add butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Lay rice on plate and pour peppers and beef on top of your bed of rice and ENJOY!.
Rice infused with the flavors of the "Cajun holy trinity" of onions, celery, and bell peppers, is the perfect accompaniment to spicy Italian sausage. Chicken Oregano with Sweet Peppers and Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource. Combine shrimp with ground pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt. Heat a large cast iron skillet on the stove. Roti n Rice is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising. brown rice, cheddar, sweet peppers, bean salad, sour cream.