Crockpot: Afghan style potato cauliflower and rice.
You can have Crockpot: Afghan style potato cauliflower and rice using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot: Afghan style potato cauliflower and rice
- You need 100 grams of butter for olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of brown onions peeled diced 5 mm.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed or finally chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of medium cauliflower.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, peeled and diced 2 cm.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- You need 400 g of tinned, chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock powder.
- It’s 240 ml of water.
- It’s Pinch of saffron threads.
- It’s of Carrot current topping.
- You need 3 of small or medium carrots cut into fine match sticks.
- Prepare 180 gram of currents.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 120 ml of water.
- It’s of Basmati rice.
- Prepare of Pistachios.
- It’s of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander.
Crockpot: Afghan style potato cauliflower and rice instructions
- Put the carrots, currents, sugar and water into the pot. Set to simmer and press Start/stop. Cook until the carrots are just tender and current plump. Press start/stop and set aside.
- Select brown/salty and press start/stop. Combined the oil, onions, garlic, cumin, garam masala, cardamom and salt in the cooker. Cook until onions are softened and slightly golden and spices are fragrant.
- Stir in the cauliflower, potatoes, salt, saffron,stock powder, saffron and water. Secure the lid, ensure the steam release dial is seal/closed and select rise/grains. Press start/stop.
- When cooking has finished, release the steam and remove the lid. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. To serve, spoon some rice and the vegetables in the bowl. Sprinkle a tablespoon of the carrot current mix and also pistachios on top, then a dollop of Greek style yogurt and fresh coriander over each serving.