Korean Beef Rice Bowl.
You can cook Korean Beef Rice Bowl using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Beef Rice Bowl
- You need of Main.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef (i like 85/15 fat ratio).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 of medium onion.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light brown sugar or raw sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2-4 of green onions (scallions).
- You need of Notes.
- You need of sesame seeds to garnish if desired.
- Prepare of something to serve it on, rice, noodles, salad or lettuce wrap.
Korean Beef Rice Bowl instructions
- Dice garlic.
- Add oil from main to a wok/stir-fry/skillet, heat on medium.
- Add garlic to hot oil.
- Stir for 15 seconds, add ground beef, stir.
- While the ground beef is cooking, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Grate or small dice the carrots and onion.
- I prefer to use one of these choppers. It ends up the perfect size.
- When the meat is about half cooked, add the carrots and onions, stir.
- When the meat and veggies are cooked, cut the green onions into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the green onions and sauce to the meat.
- Stir and let cook for 3 minutes until it is to your liking. Check the sauce level (how liquid) for how you are serving it.
- Served over rice, typically, but you don't have to limit yourself. Noodles work well also, as does salad, lettuce wraps, etc.