Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. Vegetarian Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers. I was a little worried about what the slow cooker would do to the peppers but they came out perfectly tender and delicious, without getting mushy. I have to share my favorite Slow Cooker Cuban Black Beans.
You can try find out more about Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. Loaded with enchilada sauce, black beans and corn. A quick, easy and satisfying meal! You can have Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn
- It’s 4 of red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 15 oz of can black beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- You need 4 oz of can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- You need 1 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 28 oz of can or homemade enchilada sauce.
There is so much you can do in a slow cooker. I adapted my recipe for Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers and made it slow cooker friendly. This time I used brown rice in place of quinoa. Vegetarian stuffed bell peppers wth healthy ingredients like quinoa, and black beans.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn instructions
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Pecans. posted by Marina Delio Delicious bell peppers that are stuffed and cooked in your slow cooker! So simple to make with loads of flavor! Carefully scoop out each pepper and serve topped with grated cheese, if desired. *You can definitely add cooked ground beef or turkey to this recipe if. Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans & CornThe Sea Salt.