Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce.
You can have Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce
- You need 1.5 lb of fresh skin-on salmon fillet cut into 4 portions.
- You need 4 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s 3 tbs of unsalted butter – divided.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh white mushrooms – sliced (mine were very small).
- You need 3 oz of (about) fresh spinach roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced fresh chives.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne.
- Prepare to taste of additional salt and pepper.
Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce step by step
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a paper towel lined plate. Pat tops dry with additional paper towels. Sprinkle with desired amounts of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders. Cover. Refrigerate 1-2hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease. Arrange salmon evenly spaced on baking sheet skin side down. Drizzle each with about 1 tsp olive oil and gently rub in. Place in oven. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- While salmon is in oven make sauce. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbs butter. When melted add mushrooms. Sautée until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, continue to sautée until wilted. About 2 minutes more. Transfer mushrooms and spinach to a small bowl. Return skillet to heat.
- Add last tbs butter. When melted wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking constantly. Wisk in half and half. Bring to a simmer until thickened, wisking constantly. Stir mushrooms and spinach into sauce along with chives. Stir in cayenne, then salt and pepper to taste.
- When salmon is done remove from oven. Plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve with any desired sides. We chose couscous and steamed asparagus tonight. Enjoy!.