Mom's Shrimp Casserole.
You can have Mom's Shrimp Casserole using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Shrimp Casserole
- Prepare of shrimp casserole.
- You need 2 cup of precooked white or brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 8 oz of shredded swiss cheese, best to get from deli and just slice and dice yourself.
- It’s 8 oz of fresh shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 25 large of cleaned, deveined tail off fresh shrimp.
Mom's Shrimp Casserole step by step
- In large pot over medium heat cook onions, celery and peppers in butter until tender. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and set aside. In same pan, cook shrimp until they turn pink and just a touch undercooked.
- In a large bowl combine cooked vegetables, creamed soup, rice, salt and pepper, swiss cheese and half of cheddar. Mix well.
- Place in a very lightly greased 9" by 13" baking tray.
- Now place shrimp throughput baking tray nestling into rice mixture making sure they are pushed down to be covered.
- Bake covered 30 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven. After 30 minutes remove cover, add the other half of cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lemon.
- This is Taylor68too mom's recipe. Cover photo by mom too!.