Apple Crisp – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Apple Crisp using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Crisp
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour + 2 Tbs of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 3-4 of large apples, peeled and thinly sliced + 3 Tbs melted butter.
- You need 1 Tbs of lemon juice.
- You need 3 Tbs of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need dash of salt.
- You need 1 box of Pilsbury refrigerated pie crust.
Apple Crisp Step By Step
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 softened pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom. Fold in the overhanging pieces. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove lightly baked pie crust from oven and reduce the temperature to 375F.
- In a medium size bowl combine the 1/2 cup of flour, oats, brown sugar, cinammon, 1/3 cup of butter, and salt with a fork until it resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate while you prepare the apple filling.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until well blended. Add lemon juice, milk and vanilla and stir well. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt
- Pour butter mixture over apples and toss to coat. Pour apple mixture into the baked pie crust and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream