Apple and cabbage over brown rice. You can have Apple and cabbage over brown rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple and cabbage over brown rice
- Prepare Half of a medium-sized cabbage shredded(red or green your choice).
- Prepare Half of an onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of small apple chopped.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon crisped(I use lower sodium).
- You need 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 teaspoons of Apple juice.
- You need of Chicken or veggie broth of 1.5 cups (lower sodium for me).
- Prepare 2 of generous shakes of Mr.Dash garlic and herb salt-free seasoning.
- Prepare your desired amount of cooked brown rice (can use white).
- It’s of a large deep frying pan.
Apple and Cabbage Over Brown Rice Step by Step
- Pan-fry the bacon till crisp then set to the side to drain on paper towels.
- Take the same frying pan and just drain the bacon grease out of it taking care not to get it on the sides of the pans outside and place back on the burner.
- Place broth cabbage Apple and onion into the pan and Mrs. Dash and bring to a boil. Then drop down to med heat and stir every so often until thoroughly cooked cabbage should be a bit softer but you can cook it to your liking.
- While the cabbage is doing its thing go ahead and get your rice started follow your rice package instructions.
- Go back to the bacon and break it into small pieces (it will be used to top the finished dish).
- Once the rice and the cabbage is done serve the cabbage apple mixture over top of the rice and top with the bacon. This recipe serves about 4 depending on your portion size enjoy 🙂