Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce.
You can have Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce
- You need 1 lbs (450 grams) of firm tofu, cubed.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s to taste of ground white pepper.
- You need of For the Sauce :.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of Indonesian sweet soy sauce (kecap manis).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (I used a garlic press).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of sambal oelek (you can adjust to how spicy you like).
- Prepare of For the Stir Fry :.
- It’s of Carrot, shredded or cut in julienne.
- It’s of Napa cabbage/green cabbage/iceberg lettuce.
- It’s to taste of fish sauce/soy sauce (for vegetarian).
- Prepare to taste of ground white pepper.
Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce step by step
- Marinate the tofu cubes in salt water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce on a serving plate until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Drain the tofu (discard the salt water) then put them in the frying pan. Check the bottom of the tofu, when the bottom have turned light golden, turn them over to cook the other side.
- Whisk the eggs with 1/4 tsp salt and white pepper. Drizzle the eggs over the tofu. Tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Let the bottom side of eggs firm up a little, then turn it over to cook the other side.
- Place the tofu omelette on top of the peanut sauce.
- Heat a little oil in the same frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetables. Stir fry a little bit then add the fish sauce and white pepper. Toss them around for a few second. Taste it. Transfer it to the top of the tofu omelette. Garnish with chopped chives or green onion. Serve it with cooked rice.